Friday, June 12, 2009

Rush, Rush

The time is moving quickly and September will be here before I know it. There's so much to do before my trip. Doctor visits, shopping (gag), trips to the bank, phone calls, etc. Most importantly I still have to pick where I'm gonna stay, but that shouldn't be much of a problem. I work with a woman who travels a great deal every year who has offered to help me learn what is the best way to pick a hotel.

I've decided not to rent a car, although (as you read in a past post) that a good friend made sure there were 'cars yanks could drive' in Ireland. And since I'm not really into hanging out with big packs of people, I probably won't sign up for one of those tours. Although another friend did suggest it, saying it would probably be fun for me.

I'll be staying in Cork City, that hasn't changed, but the places I will be going to has. Mainly because I'll be walking to all my locations... or possibly taking whatever form of public transport it available. I've heard conflicting opinions on the buses there so that I will have to wait and see about I guess.

I also recently learned about a lovely thing they do in Ireland - apparently the price tags include the price and the tax right on the ticket, so there's no guessing how much something is actually gonna cost. This is helpful since I've never even seen a Euro, let alone used one to purchase something. Sad isn't it. I was also given the advice to just use the notes when paying and not to bother with the coins, which I will probably do.

Most likely my biggest hurdles will be eating and flying. Now I'm not a picky eater or anything but being that I'll be all outta wack with the time zone change I'm sure eating at what would be such weird times (for me) would take getting used to. Flying is a different matter all together, but one I don't plan on letting hinder me from my trip.

The type of person I am, I still hold out hope that things will work out for me as originally planned... but I'm nothing if not adjustable so I'm going on as if that situation was never concrete. As Elizabeth commented, I should have 'no trouble finding someone to talk to who will be willing to answer all my questions' so I'm just gonna go with that.

I'll keep ye posted. As always... I love you all.

No comments: