Thursday, April 24, 2008

All My Series

A little over two years ago I became very anti-reading. I'm not sure what did it, but I had gone from reading one or two books a month to not reading anything at all. I'd just finished all of Tami Hoag's books (to date), James Patterson's Alex Cross Series, and Karen Marie Moning's Highlander/Fae series, but suddenly no books captured my interest. People would give me books or lend me books, but nothing stirred me at all.

Then life, as it will, took a strange turn and I "got sick." The day after Mother's Day 2006 I had major surgery. As a gift my therapist gave me a gift card to B&N with the hopes that maybe I'd find something I'd fall in love with and as a way to take my mind off of the pain I was in. I jumped onto the B&N.com and after a whole lot of searching I came up with Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson, Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison, and a book on Greek Mythology just to be sure I'd love the purchases. You see, I'd never read anything by these two women and with my current state of mind I had no way of knowing how the books would "affect" me.

Not since Tami Hoag's Night Sins or James Patterson's Sam's Letters to Jennifer have I blown through two books so quickly. Davidson's "Queen Betsy" series is hilarious! Betsy is the kind of girl who says what she wants, when she wants, no matter the result. Harrison's "Rachel Morgan" series is very detailed and is full of action. Needless to say.... I have since purchaed every book (to date) in both series.

Since that time, I've explored other Paranormal & Paranormal Romance series, such as: Candance Havens' "Bronwyn the Witch" series, Lynn Viehl's "Darkyn" series, and Laurell K. Hamilton's "Anita Blake" series. And I'm always on the lookout for a series which I will find interest in. I've recently become intrigued by Gena Showalter's "Lords of the Underworld" series which will begin May 1st.

The beginning of 2008 was very hard for me, again, and although I had my many books to keep me company, it wasn't until Lynn Viehl's "Darkyn" series piqued my interest that I went back to reading as I did while in high school.... one book every week. (Thank the goddess I don't have a boyfriend.) Now it's just a matter of time before all my series' have books coming out and I'll be back with the characters I know and love.

No comments: