Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Plea Unheard

So I'm basically nobody. Just a girl who loves to read, watch television, play video games with my son, listen to music, and catch a movie as often as life allows. I've told you I blog on another site, tv.com, under the same name, boromirbeauty, and if you really want to know more about my life you can always check me out over there. I will admit that most of my blogs lately have been about the books I've been reading and sexy men on television and in movies. I've also told you that I joined this blogspot thing in order to comment on writer Lynn Viehl's blog, and as I've recently found out, on the blogs of several other writers. Saying all that has lead to what I've decided to write about today.....

I was reading some old blogs of Lynn Viehl's and came across one in which she says that the 7th book in the Darkyn Series might be her last. It's more or less the last one she must write, because of her contract I'm assuming, but it could be her last forever.

Ms. Viehl, if by the Goddess you read this or get wind of this, I am begging with you... Don't give up on the Darkyn. Yours is such a rich and wonderfully woven series, that it begs further exploration. What I love so much is that while the Darkyn Series is in the category of paranormal romance, it's not just a bunch of sex scenes peppered with some dialogue in between. The stories have plots, twists and turns, good and evil, thought!!! And while there are sex scenes, it doesn't dominate the entire story. The characters are well thought out and not just variations on those of your previous books. Michael is nothing like Lucan and Lucan is nothing like Valentin. There's no typical "damsel" in each story, Alex is a Doctor, Nicola is a thief, and Sam a cop.... they're not all virgins with no families who could care less about dropping their lives to go live with their mates. I could go on and on, but I think you get my point. No matter what, thanks for writing such a wonderful series. :)

No comments: