Sunday, April 12, 2009

Places I'd Like to Visit in Ireland

When I visit Ireland later this year I will be traveling to County Cork. County Cork is the largest of all the modern counties of Ireland and is the home to several people and families that I know.

According to my various sources there are hundreds of things to see and do in Cork, but since I will only be staying for about 2 weeks this first visit, I've got to limit the amount of things I do there. Therefore I've been looking into 5 or 6 places I'd like to go while I'm in Cork.

1. The Midleton Distillery
2. St. Finbarre's Cathedral
3. Blarney Castle - No kissing of the stone for me however
4. Crookhaven
5. Elizabeth Fort
6. Cork City Gaol

Each of them is different and 3 of them are located within Cork City, which is where I will be staying. I've yet to pick a hotel, but I will be picking from one of the following:

1. Cork International Airport Hotel
2. The Clarion Hotel
3. The Victoria Hotel
4. The Gresham Metropole
5. Rochestown Park Hotel

Of course I've got to look into everything a bit more before I make any decision at all, but I do have a bit of help. Donal has already looked into transport for me. It turns out that they do have 'cars yanks can drive' (as he puts it) there in Ireland, so if I really need one I'll be able to get one.

If you've got any ideas for me, let me know. Any help is appreciated.

4 comments:

SweetPeaSurry said...

Cars yanks can drive? *laughs* That's so adorable. I hope you have a fabulous trip!

Mr.SHADOW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
boromirbeauty said...

SweetPea: Donal is an adorable person. He's a good friend to me. Oh, and don't tell him I called him adorable, he hates that stuff. :P

boromirbeauty said...

Oh, whoever it was that deleted the comment, I wish you wouldn't. Thanks.