Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Too Much Information

I tend to keep things very 'tight to the vest' when it comes to life. I don't always feel free to talk about my life. I guess it's just a personal thing. When I joined tv.com I didn't know anyone, so keeping a blog was easy. There was nobody reading it so I just put in random stuff and nobody was the wiser. Then suddenly I started making friends and they started to read my blog. After a while I started to feel good enough about the place to talk about my son and my life in general. I know I haven't told everything, but some of the most important things I've talk about. If the mistakes or triumphs I'd had in my life can help someone else out then I'll share.

Yet there's this other side of me that tends to just talk to much. I'll write an email or have a conversation and later I'll think, 'what the hell is wrong with you?' Am I scaring potential friends off by giving too much information about myself? Am I ruining my friendships because I wanna get some stuff out in the open a.s.a.p. so that I can move on from it. Is telling someone I'm divorced and have a teenaged son just days after meeting them coming off like a cry for help?

There's a part of me that feels like it's alright to because I'd like to know similar things about those who I become friends with. I truly care about the lives of all my friends; internet, gaming, real life, and everything in between. But there's also a part of me that feels that if I get it over with right away and they feel they no longer wish to be friends with me because of things that I've told them it will save me heartache in the future.

It's hard to know what's right for someone else, but I know what's right for me.

I'm just glad that I have some of my tv.com friends here with me now, so I'm no longer talking to the wind. SweetPea and Sparkle: Who I am glad to be getting to know better. You're both very special ladies. Hoeech and Frakker: Two of the nicest men of the planet. I honestly love you both with all my heart - in a non-stalkerish way. :)

6 comments:

Cartrunk Entertainment said...

You could love me in a stalkerish kind of way. I know how to get a restraining order...so, y'know, live how you wanna live!

Seriously though, I'm glad to have to you here. And you can say whatever you want. I tend not to run away from people who tell the truth. *giving some weird gang sign* We tight.

boromirbeauty said...

And see, this is why I love you two so much. You're more like family to me than those I'm related to. As always, thank you so much for your support.

Cartrunk Entertainment said...

Support? I'm like a bra! ;)

boromirbeauty said...

Well since I no longer have to wear those thing, I'm gonna say no. You're more like hose. Hehe.

SparkleFarkel said...

I'm with Ralph, lay-it-all-out-on-the-table honesty's the best policy. Like the old SparkleFarkle adage goes: "Too many ruffles (fake fronts) can spoil a perfectly good lamp." Glad you're aboard!

boromirbeauty said...

Thanks Sprarkle, welcome to the family. :)