Tuesday, March 3, 2009

All Hell Breaks Loose

Friday was my friend Joe's birthday. Happy 39th Joe! He's a very depressed person who has a great deal of problems. One of which is his girlfriend, but I won't go into that. So Friday I took Joe out for lunch for his birthday.

Now normally I take my lunch break between 2:30 and 3:00, depending on how busy I am that day. My break is an hour, so taking it late normally doesn't come into play with the rest of the department. However on Friday I took lunch at 12:30 because Joe had a meeting at 2:00.

Wouldn't you know it, the one day I go to lunch early... all hell breaks loose.

If you've read my other blog over the last few months you know that tension is high in my department. My manager is not a real manager... she is in title only. She doesn't know how to handle conflict nor does she know how to get the best out of the department. She's stuck in the 80s and doesn't like change. My friend Seem works in my office as well. She's a nice girl but she's about 60 years old in her thinking. And where Donal says I'm not assertive, Seem is 100 times worse than I could ever be. Then there's the woman we like to refer to as b-witch. The ignorant woman who has worked her about 6 months less than I have and still tells customers that she's 'new' to explain why she can't answer their questions.

A few months ago the b-witch made an accusation against me in the office and, being the not assertive person I am, I put her in her place and went off on her. Needless to say she's not accused me of anything since then. She has, however, taken her venom out on Seem. Now that wouldn't be so bad because she's just a mean and miserable person, but her husband works with us as well... and he does his best to make Seem's life a living hell. Friday, when I was out to lunch, he threatened her.

Threatned her to the point that she's afraid of him now. To the point where she's thinking of going to the police. Screw that, don't think about it, if you're scared that much just go!

So now the office is even more tense than ever. Nobody really talks any longer. I mean, I'm not too upset about that because they all have very ancient ideas about life and they also tend to talk a bunch about stupid shit, but when I start laughing about something Chris or Donal has said to me on MSN, it seems really out of place.

It's giving me a migraine. Grrr!

No comments: