Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Little Things

I've always believe, in relationships, the little things can often mean just as much or more as the big things. Knowing what type of flowers a girl perfers is sometimes just as good as getting her the flowers. Remembering how your boyfriend likes to drink his coffee can go a long way in solidifying your relationship. Here's a few little things I think mean a great deal to those you love... or at least just me. Maybe it will teach you something about your own relationship or a future one.

1. Even if you can't be with them all the time, let them know you've got them on your mind. It's easier now with email and text messaging. No matter how busy you get, take a second to say, 'thinking about you' or 'missing you.'

2. Remember things that they love and use them to make them happy. Quote their favorite movie or song, bring a smile to their face because you remembered something about them.

3. Ask questions about their life. It's nearly impossible to know everything, no matter how long you've been together.

4. To quote SG... cook 'em their favorite food. Apparently cake goes over well with some people, although that's baking. But you see where I'm going. It's inexpensive and satisfying.

5. Show your love whenever you can... life is short so don't take it for granted.

6. Back massage.... good. I prefer the neck/head massage myself, but all it takes is a little bit of time and creativity.

7. Make 'em laugh. Nothing feels quite like a good laugh.

8. Go for a drive. Nice country road is most agreeable. Just don't run outta gas. :P

9. Ask about your partner's friends. It shows that remember other people who are important to them. Nobody is saying you've gotta like them... but it makes you look like the bigger person.

10. Never forget their birthday... that's just the kiss of death.

There's more, but I can't really share all my secrets can I?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quoting me! It's true though... my baby loves when I do a little cooking.
'SG'

SweetPeaSurry said...

Hey sweetie. I'm sorry I don't get in here to comment as often as I like. For some reason I always have to come find you through google reader. I'll make a point to do so more often.

I love this list it's all so right, and doable!

boromirbeauty said...

SG: I know thre's some innuendo in there someplace. :P

boromirbeauty said...

SweetPea: It's alright dear, you're a busy woman. I do think it's a pretty good list. :) Thanks for the comment.