Monday, March 30, 2009

Tear Sheets, NYMBANCO Machines, and Copy Paper... OH MY!

Can I just start of by saying I love my job. Yeah, it's far away from my house, and quite often I deal with some of the stupidest people in existance, but it's not bad as far as jobs go. Personally I'd love a job where I am up and around more, I just have a problem with sitting still for so long, but I'm good at it so I can't really complain.

There are, however, many things about my job that I hate. I'm not paid half of what I'm worth, but I don't work for the money in the end, it's more about health insurance at this point. The person who manages my department isn't worth a damn as a manager. She is too busy wanting to be everyone's friend to do a decent job at managing the department. Then there's that idiot who works in my department. You know, I've spoken of her often. I used to look at her and think, 'she's a decent human being' but I'm at the point now that I can't even say that. She treats everyone with utter disrespect, both as people and as co-workers. I've been at the brink of nearly kicking her in the teeth a few times, all because of her lack of professionalism... although that wouldn't really be professional of me at all.

I'm a hard working person. I always have been. I've had a variety of jobs since the time I was 13 years old. My main problem is I get really bored after a while of working in one place. I'm trying very hard to hold on at my current position. It just doesn't make sense for me to leave a secure place with the economy the way it is now.... especially since my plan is to move to Ireland after my son graduates high school in 2010. Yet I've no idea what I'll do when I get there. Donal says that it will be hard for me to get a job... let alone be able to stay there without citizenship. I guess I've got some time to work that out. Who knows, maybe I'll become a therapist in that time and I'll have a great thing to offer the country. *shrug* Other than my bubbly personality that is. :p

As always, I love you all.

4 comments:

SweetPeaSurry said...

He he he. I love my job, and also talk to utterly retarded people often.

In addition, I always said I'd move to Ireland if I ever won the lottery. WOOT ... perhaps we'll both get there someday!

bright blessings!

Anonymous said...

I do not know why you are worrying about a job. Find some wealthy guy to keep you in style.
`SG`

boromirbeauty said...

SweetPea: I'm going to visit this year, which should be a lot of fun. :)

boromirbeauty said...

SG: You know that's not me. But I understand what you really mean by that statement. :)